To be honest, I never thought my writing would get any recognition or praise. I always thought that there is something missing. Some might say that I am too critical of myself, but I take it with my little spin, I use it as a push forward, and incentive to be better, and when a nomination, like the one from Kristen, for the Liebster Blog Award, comes along I feel that my hard work has left a mark on someone. I have to than Kristen for the recognition, but far more I have to than her for being an inspiration to me, and for showing me the way into other spheres of writing, and pushing me to explore new ways of expressing myself. A big, huge thank you Kristen.
As with the other awards there a rules for this one too and they are:
Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Rule number 5 is I answer the questions left for me by the blogger who gave me the award.
1. I’m 185 cm tall
2. Would rather play football (soccer) than watch it on TV
3. Born and raised in Bosnia and Herzegovina
4. I try to be funny at times
5. Most of the times I don’t pull the 4th fact off 🙂
6. I went to a Boarding school, and spent four years of my life with 5 other young men who have become my best friends.
7. I can’t cook, but I’d love to learn.
8. I always dreamed about being a professional athlete. My mom wouldn’t want to wash my clothes when I was young though so I gave up football (soccer) at a very young age. Later on none of the teams would accept me because I was too old to start. I could do my own laundry though.
9. Writing is my passion, reading a bit less
10. I tend to get inspired in the most awkward moments, like while making love to my wife, or while on a toilet.
11. I can be very lazy.
Now, I have to note that there is no specific order or reason why I put these people in the way I have put them. All I can say is that all of them have been inspiring, their posts, poetry, thought have been sort of a food for my thought, and this is my way of saying thank you to all of them.
Question that wait to be answered.
What without fail always makes you laugh? – I babies smile. I have a soft spot for little children, can’t wait to become a father myself so, it really makes me laugh and makes me happy when I hear a little child smiling aloud.
What is your favorite adaptation of a book to a movie? – Not so sure to be honest. I feel that it is more a thing of taste. I prefer books so If I can read something, I do, but don’t watch the screen adaptation afterwards.
Why did you start your blog? – For fun. I wanted to see how it is, then found out that I like this sort of expression, or should I say platform to express my thoughts.
What moment did you realize you enjoyed your job or that you were good at your job? – To be honest I have a degree in English language and literature and should work as a teacher. As I said I love little children but I find teaching a bit tough and responsible and I love sitting down alone while working so I opted for translation jobs and having translated a book and numerous articles for local newspaper and publishers I think I’m good at it, and getting better.
Do you have any poem committed to memory? If so, what is it? – No, I haven’t memorized any poems, I feel that by knowing them by heart might get me to include lines, or even verses of other authors into my work which is not a good thing I think.
What song defines your life? – Don’t really know I have a life defining song 🙂
What is your first memory – Don’t really know, but there is one that is rather significant for the my childhood, a cause for my fear of water. I almost fell down a cliff into a river with my uncle in his car. Luckily, and thank God for it, some sort of wire got wrapped around the rear axle and stopped our fall. It was probably the reason why we went over.
What color comes to mind right now? – Blue, it always comes first 🙂
Do you people that we all have a bigger purpose? If so, what do you think yours is? – We all do have a purpose. Can’t tell what mine is yet. But from a pure religious point of view I am here to earn the right to go to heaven.
What time of day do you like to write? – Night. Before going to bed usually.
Are you happy right now? – Yes. I got married to the woman I love which is all I wanted so yes, I am very happy.
1. How serious are you about your writing?
2. Where do you face while showering, towards the shower head or away from it?
3. Do you like sports?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. What makes you angry?
6. Which country would you like to visit?
7. What is you happiest memory?
8. Blue or Green?
9. Up or down?
10. Do you think the last two questions matter?
11. Would you like to get this award?